Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

need a hugger for a 1997 speed triple

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by edgelett, Nov 23, 2006.

1. I've searched the web but can't seem to find whether a hugger that fits this model even exists.

I can find them for the 2005 onwards model, but dad wants one for his 1997 trumpy

can anyone direct me to the right place to look?
  2. :) with pleasure.... but first as far as i know from 1997 to 2001 the rear huggers are the same fitment... Funny because the t595 / daytona / speed triple all share the same ssa... so a rear hugger from any of those models should work for your dad... just like the d600 d650 works for tt600's / speed fours... What you have to check for is that it is a SSA hugger and it comes from a compatable model.

As far as compatable models go bikebandit.com has just recently put all the trumpy fiches online including accesories so you can go over and check a hugger and see if it will fit.

if your looking to buy
    http://www.greatbaymotorcycles.com/catalog/catalog2.asp?id=Speed Triple
    about 2 thirds down...

plus thes guys ship to oz...
  3. thanks for those - I just spoke to dad, & worked out what the problem was... i was searching for "triumph speed triple" when I should have searched for "Triumpt T509"

Once I did that, I got HEAPS of results.

Thanks for the links, will check them out
  4. TA sold huggers for these in both plastic and carbon fibre.
    I got one from Peter Stevens a few years ago.