Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Need a good mechanic and how much should i pay???

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' at netrider.net.au started by brett5141, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Hi All,

This is probably a post which has been done quite a bit but i need to ask anyway.

I need to have my Suzuki Accross serviced and tuned and am wondering where to go.

Everyone has their horror stories but would like to know if anyone is prepared to reccomend somewhere in the Sth East suburbs of Melbourne who can give good advice/service/pricing.

So feel free to let me have all your wise cracks about the Accross :) but please also include some reccomendations, i would like to be able to go somewhere and be able to take their word for what i need.

Thanks in advance

2. Pete the Pom has got an excellent wrap from the Across riders up here of late.

I know I will certainly have to give him a crack when mine is due.

Else, Mike @ OCD Racing in Oakleigh, also very good. Did the servicing on my bike so far, and the smash repairs.

Greg

3. Pete the Pom knows man bags.

Course he does, he's a pom.

4. I'll put in my 2c on a big thumbs up for Mike - He's been a busy fella with all the work that came up recently for him, but he took care of an extra cam chain issue that came up after he'd finished my top end work.

If you can save money he'll tell you, and if its likely to lead to strife later on - he'll tell you that too.