Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Neck Braces

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by lythari, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Crap, posted it in the wrong forum. Could a mod please move this to the appropriate place? Sorry.

Sounds like a good idea, but $1039 AUD?!!! Admittedly that's cheap compared to treatment for spinal damage, but I can't see a significant uptake at that price. I wonder how much back protectors sold for when they first came into the market?
  2. I thought BMW already sold one of these? Maybe integrated into their helmet or something? have to check it out.

3. i can see this being standard offroad equipment in a few years
  4. The dynamics of every accident being so variable, is this going to be useful in any but a handful of cases?
  5. It won't be useful all the time, but it might come in handy more often than 'just a handful' of cases, since most accidents involve falling and tumbling, therefore subjecting the neck and the spine to large forces and unexpected twists. Any time you get thrown over the bars and land 'on your head', it should be very useful indeed.

But I agree with the OP, any protection it might offer will remain purely theoretical for most riders as long as it costs over a thousand bucks. Very, very few people will buy it at this price.
  6. doesn't look like it allows for much movement....would be too much of a hinderance on the road.

Off road though i guess you don't have to check if a tree is tailgating you or going to run you down if you move to the right.