Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NEC fridge (shite)

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by typhoon, Sep 20, 2006.

1. :evil: :evil:
    I bought my fridge brand new 3.5 years ago. Brand new, not second hand, not seconds, new. It was supposed to be one of teh better fridges, 280 litre fridge freezer.
    Anyway, the compressor or motor has gone on it. NEC warrant teh fridge for two years, and the compressor/motor for 5 years. Cool you say? Well, sure they warrant the compressor/motor, but YOU, the ORIGINAL PURCHASER have to pay labour to fit a new compressor, which NEC graciously supply!
    HOW the $@#$*@$*(@$^@$^*)@&#$@*(#$&)@* is that a warranty?!?!?!? The compressor/motor is maybe $90 to them, labour, as always is the kiler.
    Bear in mind also, this fridge has never been moved, it was delivered new to where it stood for the entire 3.5 years, it wasn't even moved to clean behind it!
    I'm not going to tell you not to buy this brand, make up your own minds.
    How is it that old Kelvinators etc can go 30-40 years, be replaced just because they are too small, and these new heaps of crap last 3.5 years?

Regards, Andrew.