Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Near Miss This Morning....

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by Alison1474, Dec 13, 2011.

1. To the guy riding the Suzuki behind me this morning... I'm sorry !!!!

Driving into work this morning in a horrible line of traffic, when a car a couple up from me slammed on his brakes, so we all had to but I was just so worried about the guy on the bike behind me who nearly ended up in my boot... Poor bugga must have had a heart attack... actually I nearly had the heart attack !

2. Nice of you to show concern for him(or her), however, you can't do much about someone travelling behind you. Sounds like they might've been a little close. Also, on the bike, you shouldn't need to wait for the car in front of you to brake, you can see a few cars ahead that the brake lights are coming on. They should've been on the brakes before you even were. Easy to get distracted in heaving traffic, so, I'm not having a go at them (or you), just saying, the blame (if there is any) is more on the rider than yourself IMO.
  3. It was definitely a scary situation.... fingers crossed for a better trip home :)
  4. deleted
  5. well if that nearly took him out, he's an accident waiting to happen anyway. tailgating cars on a bike is just dumb and needless to say unnecessary
  6. well i had one too.. big long truck swerved in to my lane to avoid some banana upfront, i swerved to avoid being collected by his back end and the rider behind swerved expertly and swerved back again in to my lane. no angst everyone knew what happened, if he was slightly less attentive i would have collected him. this all happened in a reflex so no chance to look see and change lanes.
  7. Last thing you need just before Xmas !!!