Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Near miss, but in my car

Discussion in 'Your Near Misses - A Place to Vent' started by flagger, Aug 28, 2009.

1. Usually I ride my GS500, but today I drove my car to work. Anyway, was driving up the road to get lunch for the office (hence the car), and stopped at a set of lights on Coronation Drive, me in the left lane, B4 Liberty in the right. Light goes green, we both start taking off. About 5 meters after the solid line, I see a guy on a naked yellow Suzuki, popping a huge mono between the 2 of us, nearly taking off my side mirror. Looked like he nearly lost it too when he put it back down.

What a douche.
  2. Awesome. What a legend.
  3. That's what I was gunna say Deadsy :LOL:
  4. I have deciphered the OP and read it as "A big yellow motorbike scared me while I was safe in my cage" :LOL:
  5. Thats the way i read it too :)
  6. Should've kicked his mirrors off.
  7. Should have changed lanes on him. After all bike riders aren't real people.
  8. I hope most of the responders are joking.

A large number of posters here rant and rave whenever a car driver demonstrates poor skill-levels (me among them), yet when a motorcyclist does something that raises a level of concern in another road-user and, apparently, comes close to causing a collision, the OP is mocked for raising it.

Is that what I'm reading here?

If so, maybe it's time to have one standard for all, not one for motorcyclists, and another for all other road users.
  9. yes they all are
    Nope it's what you want to understand
    Whatever :roll:
  10. Monoing between two cars at a set of lights takes poor skill-level?

I like having a set of standards for bikes and another for cars. :grin:
  11. I agree. Bike mono in between moving cars = Tosser = deadly for him/her and others.
  12. And you guys even think its dangerous to nod at other riders :LOL:
  13. Nodding is dangerous but it's when you take one hand off the bars and wave that you are really dicing with death.
  14. No 2wheels nodding with both hands on bars = polite :grin:
  15. Ya what :roll:

Wave with your LEFT Hand !
  16. Thats why I use both hands.
  17. But aren't we meant to stand on our seat and bow to BMW riders?