Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Near miss at Lake Eildon (really close call)

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Motorcycleracegear, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Just wanted to share this video with you guys. Just last weekend near Lake Eildon the road between eildon and mansfiled. Already hit a kangaroo earlier this year so i was glad i managed to avoid this one. Footage is best viewed in 1080P (youtube settings) and shot with a Contour Plus 2 Camera.

Motorbike Accessories
    Draggin Jeans Online
  2. What was it? It moved a bit like a feral cat, but I guess it could have been almost anything.
  3. When it happened i thought it was a kangaroo but a friend after seeing the video reckons it was a swamp wallaby. Either way scared the crap out of me.
  4. Glad you missed it Alex.

Cheers Jeremy
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Yep so i am. Bit of good luck after some bad luck earlier this year. Glad it wasn't the other way around.
  6. Glad you missed it too...but it was a cute little creature...
  7. Speaking of cute, I encounted an echidna crossing the road on (I think) the High Country ride the other day. I wasn't the first person to go past him, and he was just leaving the road by the time I got to him, so I'm glad no one squashed him. Haven't seen one for ages.

Have also encountered one of those brush turkey thingies with her chicks on the road and had to slam on the brakes.
  8. Almost a copy of the same thing that happened to me a couple of years ago on the Whitfield - Mansfield road with a larger wallaby, but instead of a near miss it jumped straight into my foot and killed itself outright, I didn't have time to react at all before impact. I was just lucky it didn't jump into the front wheel or it could have been a different story
  9. once collected a big wallaby doing over 80, riding at night

(luckily on a trailbike with that phat suspension)

couldn't see the side of the road (what i would hit if i swerved), so i tried to hit the bastard square on, like a jump.

threw me off the bike and slid for an eternity

because i hit the c unt square, he took all the force, along with the suspension

just broken handlebars and grazed knees, because i had gear on.

bastard was still wedged in between the front wheel and the frame, after the bike slid for however long

something later ate its face off

lesson= be careful at night, anything over 75 and you aint going to stop in time!
  10. Yeah, Wallaby's can be real hoons at times.:)
    • Like Like x 1
  11. no that was me, the wallaby was doing 200
  12. I bet it wasn't wearing all the gear either. Wallabies are notorious fcukin' squids.
  13. they're dangerous little bastards i can tell you