Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NCR MACCHIA NERA Concept Bike

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by CamKawa, Nov 3, 2007.

1. 09.
    185 HP and 135 Kgs.
    NCR of Italy makes parts for Ducati race bikes in World Superbike and MotoGP.
    http://www.ncrfactory.com/eng/html/16.00.shtml

What do you think?

2. Be a demon for splitting traffic on the Monash :rofl:.

Seriously, the radiators DO look a bit vulnerable for real-world riding, but if you're going to park one in my driveway, well, I guess I'll forget my misgivings and ride it every now and then :LOL:.

3. Be nice once it's finished and they remove the scaffolding.

4. Looks like a cross between the Shiver and the Corsaro.

Take notice Ducati: the Monster design is old and dead. This is what your nakeds should be looking like!

5. Bloody hell. That is awesome. I have an erection now.

I'll have to agree with Loz though, the Monster design needs a massive overhaul. You see them next to the Superdukes, Tuono's and Brutales and they now look downright dated now. They only design's more dated than the Monster is the entire Honda range of bikes. I may post a rant about that soon.

6. where is robsalvv? i am sure he will agree that there is a ROBOT in the engine bay! :LOL:

other than that, it's a little bit ducrappy, a little bit buell, a little bit MV, but somehow nice
    :grin:

7. The whole thing is orgasmic, but the engine! Looks like an old vincent, gorgeous.

8. imagine the add-on rear fender for ADR's :roll:

9. I could imagine they would just extend the one that is already there to the 45° past tdc, and it wouldnt lose any of its look.

10. To me it looks like a 'post crashed' sports bike that has had it's fairing removed.
    Either that or the result of some weird reality tv show where a team of beardy's has to build a motorcycle out of recycled typewriters and washing machine parts.

11. Ah, no taste then.

By the way, I've just moved to Yarraville. Keep an eye out for the Minja!

12. Hrrrm 135Kgs, that's about Spada territory, not to mention it's making more horses than most (if not all) mainstream litre bikes. Should go okay..... :shock:

13. Forgive me for being skeptical -but I have an awfully hard time believing the 135kg weight claim. Thats as light as my single cylinder dirt bike with pretty much nothing in the way of electrics/instruments etc etc.

PS just had another look & I see it has none of that either. And the wheels look suspiciously like carbon fibre. Still not convinced but :)

PPS Just ran the web page through babelfish & it does look possible. Titanium frame, connecting rods & other various engine parts. Magnesium wheels etc etc. I think the price may be heart attack material but :LOL: :LOL:

14. They probably weighed it on a set of scales at Suzuki's factory! :LOL:

Looks nice though. I'd want confirmation of the weight first too.

15. Actually, I'm just jealous. IF I could afford it I'd love an Aprilia Shiver, which looks almost identical IMO.
    aV27556r.