Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

VIC NCB Learner insurance

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by GrumpyOldSod, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Had my first bike delivered yesterday, seller dropped it off after completing RWC, as I was to wimpy to collect and ride it home. Using the link in the discussion from the Insurance resource I got a quote and eventually comp policy. What confounded me was the question about no claim bonus and current insurer. Nominated that I was a learner with zero years but as I have rating 1 car insurance I nominated my current insurance status as rating 1.

I tried ringing them before completing policy purchase but they're not open again until Tuesday. In the end as it accepted it I took the rating 1 and sent them an email explaining, if I did it wrong I will just pay the difference. I consider that I've fulfilled my duty of disclosure by doing this.

Does anyone know if rating carries between car and bike i.e. Does a bike claim affect your car rating or the other way around?

2. My rating 1 did with both RACV and QBE, even as a learner and provisional rider.
    Don't know about other companies.

3. Thanks Mick