Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

NBT (Not Bike Topic) Hitch-Hiker's Guide remake

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by hornet, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Who hated the recent remake of "Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?
    Douglas Adams took decades trying to get someone interested in making HHGTG into a movie, but the result (fortunately after his death) was abysmal, IMHO. To have Americans with phony British accents to start with, and then to butcher the story into the bargain, was just too awful.
    I shall now go back and watch the 6-episode BBC TV series, true to the book, British to the core, and timelessly FUNNY.

2. Hated? No, not at all. Certainly wasn't what I expected, and I'd consider it more a 'tribute' to the HHG, rather than a remake. It wasn't a classic like the original TV series, but then even that didn't have anything on the books themselves.

Hate is a strong word. I liked it, but was a little disappointed. I don't think Douglas Adams would have been too upset about it... but I guess we'll never know. 'Tis a shame they have to 'Hollywood-ise' every movie these days though.