Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

SA naughty naughty

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' started by Dan.adl, Mar 13, 2012.

1. it would help if you added content and not just a link
  2. A THIRD speeding motorcyclist has been clocked at 60km/h over the limit after two others had their bikes impounded last night.

The Wasleys rider, 35, was speeding at 161km/h in a 100km/h zone on Mallala Rd at Kangaroo Flat about 10.15am today.

His bike has been impounded for 28 days and he has been reported for exceeding speed and driving at a dangerous speed. He is due to appear in court at a later date.

It followed two motorcyclists being caught speeding at more than 90km/h over the limit on the Sturt Highway towards Gawler last night.

A highway patrol clocked the pair traveling at 208km/h in a 110km/h zone at Sheoak Log about 10.30pm. The patrol contacted police at Gawler, who then stopped the pair as they entered the town.

Both riders from Para Hills - aged 29 and 33 years - were reported for exceeding speed and driving at a speed dangerous.

Both bikes were impounded for 28 days and the pair will appear in court at a later date.

3. Both those roads are out in the middle of nowhere. Clipsal V8's has finished so all the traffic guys have been out and about all long weekend (Adelaide).
  4. There is an element of stupidity involved because they should know there's always cops out around Sheoak Log.

I was booked there years ago - he did knock it down from an "interesting" speed to a non-licence losing speed because I was overtaking at the time.

5. Who the hell writes like this?
  6. I just can't fathom why they didn't die?

Can anyone explain why this is so?
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Adam Hegarty did
    The Advertiser
    31 Waymouth Street
    South Australia, Australia 5000
    Telephone: 1300 130 370
  8. It's the Advertiser, consider it the Herald Sun's poor, inbred cousin.