Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

National Burnout Day

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Sir Ride Alot, May 30, 2012.

1. Currently there is a push by certain minorities within the community to alter the Australian way of life especially when it comes to our freedoms on our roads.

These minorities are influencing the people in government that represent us to remove our freedoms and penalise us for maintaining our way of life.

As a community can we fight back? Can we reclaim the freedoms that were taken from us?

One method suggested was to have a National Burnout Day as a show of strength and to express our dissatisfaction with the current state of affairs.

Burnouts have been a part of the Australian culture ever since the introduction of motor vehicles and to have every corner in every suburb across the nation lit up by screeching tyres in unison would send a clear message to our representatives.

Would it work?

2. Hang on, I'll be there in a minute, let me just brush my tooth and comb my mullet.

3. I think it sends the wrong message and would end up blowing up in our face since the media isn't exactly 'hoon' friendly.

4. Do it on a racetrack or similar, get the media there & make a statement with it, sure.

"Can you see us now? Good! What? Oh, not any more...ok"

Doing it on public roads, no matter how fun, will be counter productive.

5. I like the idea and believe it has merit. There’s nothing like grandma down the road taking out her classic 1979 Toyota Cressida and doing a couple of smokin' laps around the roundabout.

6. Messers Smith and Myers could have something to say about it

7. I particularly like this one though, and the fact that the smoke cloud precedes it.

8. Lilley that SOLID pickup truck burnout is one of the best I’ve seen. Many thanks.