Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Name this song, pleeeeez

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Fuzzy, Jul 8, 2007.

1. #1 Fuzzy, Jul 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    After hearing Brandi Carlile's new song on the Grey's Anatomy promo, I have been driven insane trying to work out which song it reminds me of.

The first 2 lines sound alot like another song and I have exhausted my feeble brain trying to pick it.

Please have a listen and see what you come up with; the song's worth a listen in its own right, anyway :grin:

Here's the link to Brandi Carlile's song on youtube.... remember, just the 1st couple of lines.

c2a8VzsCGlc[/media]]A good song that reminds me of another good song

Thank you Thank you :grin:
  2. Cant help you with the sounds like ...
    but thanks for the link . Just what I'll need at work for those ' Greys Anatomy ' moments. Resisted that show for ages but no use now , I'm addicted.

The story is on next tuesday night btw.
    What a great show
  3. Totally agree not that thats any use to you It does sound like some other song but I can not put a name to it either.
  4. sounds like bloody elton john to me :shock:

"its no sac-ri-fiiiiiiiice, a-a-a-a-a-at all" :sick: :sick:
  5. Not a fan then Joel? :LOL: :wink:

Grey's Anatomy is such a great show; I could watch that vid over and over. The part with Denny and Izzie gives me goose bumps :)

Back to the song: Thanks for trying anyway, guys. I'm thinking it might be some obscure Talking Heads song from one of their old albums, I'm probably destined to never knowing, oh well :?
  6. my gf and I think it sounds sarah mclachlan-ish .. can't put our fingers on it any more than that :)
  7. It's a bit Missy Higgins at the beginning.
  8. Dammit Fuzzy
    Now you've got me trying to think what it is.

its on the tip of my tongue .....

9. There's a bit of Alanis Morissette in it.
  10. I was about to say the same.
  11. [​IMG]

Its something else .....

its , a ::sigh::

edit : hey that monkey is supposed to be shaking his head no . guess gifs dont work.
  12. Another similarity comes to me: Coldplay - Yellow

Same sort of lyrical construction and guitaring/drumming. Maybe just the product of a painkiller addled brain, but there ya go.
  13. having the same painkiller problem here , 'cept my painkiller is Wild Turkey and its not really helping. Especially watching that Greys Anatomy song .
    Coldplay hey. Hmmm. best go listen
  14. #14 [FLUX], Jul 9, 2007
  15. Thanks everyone... if nothing else I'm getting alot of good music and artists to listen to :grin:

It's more the melody or sound of the 1st 2 lines, rather than a general sound.

Hey K8, your monkey's shaking his head - work it, monkey, work it.
  16. #16 K8, Jul 9, 2007
    Yeh, I know what your meaning Fuzzy . Its the way it starts . I've heard it before .
    Yellow is very alike , but thats not it . I'll play my ipod all day tomorrow . Sure ti be on it .

Heres one to totally shake yourself out of the Greys Anatomy relationships blues -