Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Naked Chicks on Hot Bikes!

Discussion in 'The Pub' at netrider.net.au started by Lurker, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Ok, so its totally not, but if I put something boring like 'World Vision Sponsorship' in the heading people wouldn't read it :?

I understand for some that $26 is a lot of money. And for those that it is, they shouldn't feel obligated to help out. But I think for most people it is approximately what you spend on lunch in a few days.

So why is it that on a forum this size, it's too hard to find more than 20 - 30 people (some have paid for 2 or more spots) who can spare a measly $26?

Even if you don't support the cause, at the end of the day, Vic and Mouth are committed to forking up the cash to sponsor these two kids.... if Netrider members don't jump in, guess who is left holding the baby? They already provide us a free forum, surely it's the least we can do?

There's 10 spots left here:

https://netrider.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40246&highlight=vision

Would be nice to see them go quickly :)

2. Dude, why not approach the people in this thread who have asked where their charity money should be going?

3. :LOL:

Lucky I didn't promise hot chicks eh?

4. Loz,

She looks like a man and a junkie!!!! :shock:
    There are some real stunners out there and she sure isn't one of them!

lol :LOL:

5. Aw, c'mon now, I used the first thing I found. Didn't want anyone to beat me to the gag! :grin:

6. I reckon I gagged before you :wink:

64 views, and still no-one has coughed up a measly 26 bucks....

7. Where is the thread for this I will donate not a problem.

8. I've contributed my $26... :)

Just a suggestion though, people might feel a little attacked if you push the "hard sell"...
    We all know its a measly $26, but some people dont like the idea of giving their money to charities that aren't very transparent in where the money actually goes...

Just my 2 cents

9.  Top
  10. Yeah, I agree - which is why I am not directly approaching anyone :wink:

But I also know that the other thread named 'World Vision blah blah' wasn't viewed by everyone either... when I hit my partner up last night to pay for a spot, he was happy too, but hadn't even looked at the thread.

And WV isn't my fave charity either, but I think its pretty crappy if Vic and Mouth get stuck coughing up what isn't contributed, which was more my reason for this thread :)

11. well im up for it :)

12. Cheers nice rev up.

13. I remember when I did something similar to this last year Pete the Freak gently reminded me that lots of Netriders already contribute to a lot of other charities, and may not be able to afford to support this one as well. I took his point, and I DO think that if we can, we ought to, but perhaps we already know that anyway :?

14. We should give our charity dollarz to Vic's super fund

15. Yeah Hornet, I do agree - I definitely didn't want to make anyone who doesn't want to contribute for financial or ethical reasons feel obligated or put on the spot. I really was aiming this thread at who CAN easily afford it, who don't have any reason why they do not wish to donate, but are just slack or hadn't seen the WV thread. I still find it hard to believe that out of ALL the regular NR members, there isn't 40 who can and will cough up $26 bucks to help out. Thats all :)

Thanks to everyone who did contribute :)

16. Hmmm, sounds like something I might have done. On the other hand, there's always the old adage, "if you don't want to read it then just click through to another thread..."

Personally I give all my monkeys to the WWF, the Salvo's and the occasional Big Issue.

17. I do acknowledge that YOU'VE acknowledged you're not trying to do the hard sell...but don't assume that the 'majority of people' CAN easily afford it.

Just because people have bikes and are on this forum does not mean they can easily afford anything, does not mean they don't have any reason or are slack.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that Vic and Jason are doing this, and it's great that others have been able to lend their support also. Just don't make assumptions about everyone else :)

18. No worries then, I have edited my post to take out the 'majority' comment - I didn't think it was such a huge assumption to make, but your objection is duly noted :)

19. I agree if a widowed mum with two teenagers can find it to help I'm sure there are others that most definately could. We live in a very lucky country let's help out some kids that are less fortunate. :)

20. World vision pfff...what about all the homeless people in our own country...should we not fix that first? :roll: