Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

nail in tyre

Discussion in 'Bling and Appearance' started by jaeyon, Jul 21, 2008.

1. found a nail in my tyre today. just wanted to know my options on repairing it as there is still lots of tread left on em.

can i repair it like a car tyre with a tyre repair kit? ive repaired car tyres before, dont know if it can be done on a bike tyre?

been told about 80 bux to plug it at bike biz but im assuming they'll do the same thing i woudl be doing

2. I ran a simillar thread a couple of weeks ago...

If you can pump up your tyre and ride it to a shop without the can of tyre repair do that... it doesn't work real well, and is a pain in the @rse for the tyre place...

I went to a couple of car tyre places, and none of them would do bike tyres, but one poster said they had theirs repaired at car place (much cheaper)...

If you have a tube tyre, just replace the tube (or patch it if you can be bothered)... I think the insurance companies are the only reason why car places won't do it, so if you took the wheel to a car place off the bike, they might do it for you...

3. Hi,

I had a nail in my raer tyre a while back, just went to my local mechanic and he plugged it, it was a pretty lonjg nail but there was no hole. Try your local mechanic, he might have the magic touch :LOL:
  4. $30 ( loose wheel that is ) at procycles hornsby if you are close by.
  5. thanks for the suggestions guys, i guess my main question is whether anyone has repaired a tyre themselves and if it is safe to do so? ive got hte repair kit which i use for the car, but not sure if i can use it on the bike
  6. take it too a professional man.