Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Nail in Tyre

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by SOL3Ride, Mar 2, 2013.

1. After riding home in disgusting conditions I noticed what appears to be a nail lodged directly into my rear tyre. It appears to have gone in cleanly and is stuck quite firmly. Does anyone have any advice as to if I should attempt to remove it or leave it be, I'm worried the tyre might deflate rapidly if I remove it. Also does it appear to be something that I should see a service department about straight away or in your opinion could it be left until a service is due in a month or so ?

Photo should be attached

2. You need to get it checked out straight away, if it is near the centre of the tyre in most cases it can be plugged.
  3. pictures wont work until you get past 5-10 post's or if a moderator approves it....as much as i like to be lazy with my bikes - no...if i saw a nail in a tyre i wouldn't risk it, there's too many what if's to risk your life with riding it like that
  4. Cheers for that, been trying to figure out why it wasn't working. Good points though, It seems like something that needs immediate attention even if it wasn't noticeable until I stepped off the bike , could go pear shaped pretty quick. Will take the bike to the shop after I wash the dirt off tomorrrow
    • Like Like x 2