Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Mystery Kawasaki Rack

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by jd, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Picked this rack up at a recent swapmeet for the simple fact that it was cheap, and I thought maybe I might be able to make it fit one of my bikes (it was also shiny :)).

Turns out it's not gonna fit, and being alloy means making it fit is awkward. So just wondering if anyone has any idea what bike it might be designed to go with?

All I know is it's a genuine Kawasaki part, but I can't find any part numbers cast into it. I'm guessing from the colour it's from the '80s, but after searching through the 'net couldn't find any pics of a bike with something similar fitted. :?

Attached Files:

2. Looks like maybe GPz550 or 750 Unitrak. I have vague memories of a mate's 550 wearing something similar.
  3. gt 750 maybe,

Attached Files:

4. :woot: Looks like you nailed it. Thanks for that, it was kinda bugging me not knowing where it came from :).

Attached Files:

5. I like the coffee cup there. I never realised you could get a cup holder for your motorbike.
  6. There was a 550GT also, if you're casting a net to try to sell it. There might have been a 1000 too, prior to the GTR.