Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

MY10 Triumph Street Triple R - Matte Blazing Orange, Long list of mods, Low K's $$$

Discussion in 'Archived' at netrider.net.au started by Grumpy_Trumpy, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MY10 Triumph Street Triple R - Matte Blazing Orange, Long list of mods, Low K's, Now Serviced & BIG PRICE DROP!! $14500

**EDIT** Price drop & repost of my most recent post - I know some of you only read the ad and not all the other stuff (I do).
    **********************************************************************************************************************
    BUMP - Next and probably last decent trip this will have will be up to Phillip Island for the MotoGP. So if you wanted to check it out, I will more than likely be there the whole weekend.

Other than this, it doesn't get ridden much anymore. Just to my girlfriends and back once or twice a month or down to the beach just to give it a run.

It's not far off the 10,000km service so I will get that done when the time comes. If I get someone that meets my asking price or close to it, the service will be included in the sale.

GT (Daniel)

**EDIT again - actually meant to put this down as $14500, not $15500. I also booked it in for it's service on Monday so this bike will be ready to go!!!!!

**********************************************************************************************************************
    Regrettably up or sale is my pride and joy. The first and only motorised thing I have ever bought BRAND NEW. I have babied this thing from day dot, and have invested plenty of money into it adding items I believe have made it unique (& different to other STR's) in it's own way.

Make/Model: 2010 (MY10) Triumph Street Triple R - Matte Blazing Orange. First registered Feb of 2010, bike is a 2010 model with build date being late 2009.

Description: I have owned this bike since Feb 28 of last year, I bought it brand new, making me the 1st owner. It has had a long list of items ($3000+) added to it over the short time I have owned it. This includes the following:

1. Triumph Fly Screen ($280)
    2. Triumph Belly Pan ($340)
    3. Triumph Hugger ($90)
    4. Oggy Knobbs - Engine, Fork & Swingarm Spools (Fr $100, Rr $100, Eng. $250)
    5. FP Racing Bi-Fold Levers - short ($240)
    6. Evotech Radiator Guard ($130)
    7. Tank Protector ($20)
    8. Rizoma Front & Rear Brake Reservoirs - Gold anodised (~$200)
    9. Ducati Monster/Streetfighter Mirrors ($180)
    10. Blue Flame Dual-Tip Slip-on Exhaust (~$800 AU) - Also has 4 baffles for each pipe outlet. With all of these in they quiten down the sound quite significantly, a bit louder than stock but quieter than the TOR aftermarket exhaust.
    11. K&N Air Filter (~$100)
    12. Swingarm Spools/Lifters (double as sliders also) ($30)
    13. Quick-Action Throttle - from 2010 Speed Triple (gives shorter throw/twist to full-throttle) ($25)
    14. Anodised Engine bolts, rear sprocket nuts and top triple clamp nut, all in gold. (~$250)
    15. Billet Registration sticker tube ($25)
    16. A-Flasher Alarm unit - this activates the alarm flashlight and also has over/under-voltage & indicator warnings. ($50)
    17. Also have a set of Daytona Gold Rims that can be sold with the bike also, but they will be at an extra cost! (+$800)
    18. As well as the rims, at an extra, I have the Genuine Triumph Tank (20-30Litre) & Tail (10-16Litre) bags. (+$350)

All original parts are still available and will be sold with the bike. It has also had the R/R (Rectifier/Regulator) changed to the updated MOSFET unit under warranty!!!. If any of the above options are not preferred, a different price can be arranged. The exhaust on this bike being the standout feature (in my opinion) makes this 675 Triple sing - sounds amazing!! The bike has a had full tune with the K&N installed and with a dyno run, yielded a total of 93 Hp @ the rear wheel. I also have the dyno printout to prove this.

First service has been carried out as per the book by Charlie @ TurnOne Motorcycles - for those that do not know, he is the preferred mechanic for anything Triumph, and that includes people from all around Australia! Having service intervals at every 10,000km thereafter means it hasn't had it's next minor service yet. However, I carried out an oil & oil filter change with all Genuine Triumph parts and Full Synthetic oil at 5000km. (Currently sitting on/just over about 9xxx km)

As stated earlier, this bike is my pride and joy! It is always covered, always kept cleaned and if it can be helped, I won't ride it in the rain! If it ever sees the rain, it's cleaned immediately the next day along with a chain clean and lube.

I don't want to sell this bike, my price is firm and reflects the nature of the sale along with whatever else is available on the market. New these cost about $15,500 out the door. Add to that your first service (ripoff) of about $300 with all of the above options, and it will quickly add up! As can be seen, no expense has been spared. Bike is in as new condition, currently insured for an agreed value of $17,000 with Swann Insurance.

Inspections are welcome! No test-pilots! I don't even let any of my family ride my bike. If you know these bikes, and have looked at them new/private elsewhere,you will already know how well they ride! The only way you will receive a test ride is if you bring a minimum of $1000 cash along with a full motorcycle license, in which I will also follow you on another bike!

The only reason for sale is that I would like to see if I can move it on sooner rather than later, rather than letting it sit around. I am currently building a track bike and due to a very busy schedule, I don't get to enjoy/ride it as often as I would like anymore.

Price is firm, as stated - inspections are welcome, if this is what you are after in your price range YOU WILL BUY IT! I am confident that there isn't anything currently available that would come close to the present state my Trumpy is at for a similar price and with the extensive list of mods included.

Buy with confidence knowing that you will save a fair chunk of money on a bike that has all the good bits already added to it. Will be sold with remaining registration which is valid till Feb of 2012. Remaining warranty will carry over to the new buyer. RWC can be supplied at an extra cost - will pass with flying colours, tyres are as new and have only done about 3000km out of the 9000km as I had other tyres on the gold rims. PAZZ-0 personalised plates NOT SOLD WITH BIKE!

Listed elsewhere, do a search & I'm sure you'll find it. (It has exactly the same info as here except there are plenty of up-to-date photos of it listed - If you're still not sure, drop me a PM and I'll send you the link as forum rules state it cannot be directly named/linked.)

Price: $14500 obo as is, with all the mods currently fitted. Would prefer to sell everything as a whole, all option preferences going to the buyer first with whatever left (if anything) going on offer afterwards! So please don't ask.

Contact: PM or send me a text 0411 691 881 (best to text as I'm fairly busy and will call you back the first chance I get and as I also rarely answer to numbers I don't know - sick of telemarketers targeting my bloody mobile too!!)

Shipping: I'd be happy to help out with shipping anywhere around Aus, with the buyer organising it at their end and covering all of the relative costs. If buying interstate I will remove the current registration and take whatever is refunded off the total agreed final value.

Little video of it on the Dyno with all baffles removed - only external video I have, as I'm usually the camera man!! (See the next post thanks to Azamakumar!!)

PHOTOS!!!

Check out my FlickR for the rest of the Photos:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/dannybrig/sets/72157627185209766/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dannybrig/5933582644/ (I can never get this crap right, so just click the link & it'll open the pic on another page!)

[​IMG]

2. there you go, good luck with the sale

3. noooooooooooooo :(

this bike was specially chosen in its own special thread and you love it to bits! :(

i'm sad to see it being moved on :(

4. Haha thanks lowercase! I love this bike!! If I could keep it, I would but the logical thing to do is move it on. I even reckon I'd buy another if the time ever came again. But as I said above, my road going duties just aren't the same anymore & I just see it being way more than I need on the road.

I'll hopefully buy something a little cheaper, better/cheaper to run, cheaper to insure, etc.

Thanks to Aza though for the embedding & thanks for the kind words!

GT

5. can I just say, man, if this was three years away, I'd snap it up. You've basically got all the options, colour & pipes I would have chosen myself for this! Seriously, good luck with the sale, shame you're doing so though

6. So what does the dyno graph look like?

7. Quite linear!! I'm not home till Thursday, I'll have to scan it & chuck it up!

Thanks carpetbelly, why don't you just buy it and store it for 3years?!! :p

8. haha, that would be a bigger waste just having it sit there for 3 years lol... Trust me, I cannot imagine it's going to hang around ;)

9. Great looking bike mate !
    Best of luck with the sale :)

10. Thanks peeps, I'm actually in Bali at the moment. I get back on Monday morning so if anyone wants to check it out, give me a call!! ;)

I'll also post up the graph & the actual photos now that the listing has finished.

11. Bike is back on 'that site,' just testing the water again, if it get's a bite, bonus, if not then no biggy. I'll just have to wait to the non-rider's biker season. (Summer)

GT

12. I'm gonna BUMP this... Will definitely entertain offers at this stage. Being the 'wrong season' to sell, I've factored in the next service coming up & next years rego/insurance which will be a saving for myself if it sells.

GT

13. BUMP - Next and probably last decent trip this will have will be up to Phillip Island for the MotoGP. So if you wanted to check it out, I will more than likely be there the whole weekend.

Other than this, it doesn't get ridden much anymore. Just to my girlfriends and back once or twice a month or down to the beach just to give it a run.

It's not far off the 10,000km service so I will get that done when the time comes. If I get someone that meets my asking price or close to it, the service will be included in the sale along with a new set of brake pads fitted.

GT

14. not having any luck getting rid of this are you?

15. I feel bad, not to rain on your parade, I have no doubt this is a very well cared for / excellent condition but....

Bike mods are worth $0 on the market.

If you are set on that figure I'd take it back to stock and sell the aftermarket parts

You can pick up a brand new striple r for 15k on road.

16. I'm very well aware of this, hence why I will entertain reasonable offers. It's simply gauged of what others HAVE sold for which is around the $13k mark. I expect a bit more than this for obvious reasons. So we'll see! Thanks.

GT

17. NO LONGER FOR SALE!!!

Sold it to my brother, out of work at the moment (studying) and can't really afford to keep it BUT this way I still get to ride it every so often! Hopefully when I finish my degree he still has it as I'll definitely be buying it back!

GT

18. Grumpy...well done mate ! Congrats (y)

As this bike is now no longer for sale, this thread will be closed.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.