Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My WA / return trip

Discussion in 'Roads, Touring, Journeys, and Travel' started by Mad Marty, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Hey all for those that are not on or don't know me on Facebook, you can follow my travel blogs. @ http://marty-travelblog.tumblr.com . I'm currently on a 3 - 4 week trip across the width of this great country of ours ....

• Like Like x 4
  2. Awesome stuff !!

3. This is awesome !

Very jealous.
  4. Thats a pretty good camera, (care to tell us what it is ?) & your splendid shots do do it justice. Thanks for posting.
  5. Thanks Stu , funny enough that your blog was one of my motivations for heading off on this trip !

Along with gaining experience and getting my feet wet for doing an around oz trek ... It's still early days in my riding life ...

This kind of journey is suited to the 'bigger' bikes, Freya will do it however it would be nice to have a little more sometimes :)

Thanks for your interest in the blog ! I could talk for hours about tech gear however in my photo kit I have

Sony DSC-HX20v - great 'point and shoot' camera. With the quality of a basic 'pro camera' I've done some tuning to its color management.
    Used on the tassie video as well. I have a full cannon body and 4 lenses @ home that I will be selling soon as the Sony takes care of my needs .. Without the bulk !

Video is being covered by a Contour+2, love this camera it also went with me on the '3 day tassie trip'. I have helmet and fork (RAM) mounts for it. Batteries are kept charged in one of my panniers.. Along with other battery powered items.

I use 32gig Samsung u1 cards in the contour and a 16gig class 10 eye-fi card in the Sony. With the eyeful card I simply turn the camera on and upload direct to tumblr via a Nexus 7

The images to tumblr get quite compressed but they are 'not bad'
  6. Awesome stuff MM.

Ride safe, bud & try out some wines along the way! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  7. I had a look through your blog,
    Great photos and videos, enjoyed you adventure immensely.

Thanks for sharing

• Like Like x 1
  8. That's awesome. I'm doing this trip over Christmas myself with the wife. I'm hoping to get a few photos myself. Thanks for sharing.