Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My two cents...

Discussion in 'Businesses and Service Providers' at netrider.net.au started by ChrisBurke, May 8, 2005.

1. Hey all,

Ive noticed a lot of talk about everybodies local mechanic/service centre, and how crap they are for one reason or another...

I thought Id take this opportunity to 'discuss' my recent experience with Original Finish (Melbourne).

Before I go on and on with all my disapointment from the above plastic repairer, has anyone else had any experience with them?

Id be happy to have everyone tell me how great they are so I can put my experinece down to Ian (the owner) having a bad week... If not Id be happy to tell my story and warn everyone :-(

Any thoughts?

2. Ive had a tonne of work sent his way and everyone was really happy.

He put the ZX6R back together and his plastic welding was brilliant. The dood that inspected the bike for someone (pre-sale inspection) could not pick up the fact that there was some plastic welding done to it.

But feel free to share your experiences.

I'd say he had a bad week. *shrug*

3. How strange I have never heard of Original Finish... where abouts are they??

4. Kilsyth.

Motorcycle crash repair and touchup paint supplier

5. When I dropped my SV with custom lower fairing, Original finish did a brilliant job of colour matching my paintwork and fixing all the bits up, went into the MotoGP show and shine and you couldn't tell it had been dropped! :D

He also plastic welded my ZZR 250 which was rather rudimentary, but I didnt get him to refinish the paint work, just weld it in various places..so for $50 I couldn't complain! :)

6. I got some touch-up paint from him and it was a perfect match - pretty good since my bike uses a distinct blue-purple pearl.