Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My thoughts on the KTM RC 390

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by JamesM77, Jan 26, 2016.

1. I've had a new KTM RR 390 for three weeks and it's my first bike so I thought I would talk about it briefly.

The bike bangs. The engine bangs. Being a single cyclinder motor is a bit odd. It makes the odd banging sound or you can feel the odd bang which is light but noticeable. Makes no difference to how the bike runs but it doesn't feel smooth like a Honda. It does get hot in traffic and has turned off on me once. The mirrors are fine I don't know what everyone complains about all you have to do is adjust yourself to see but you can no problem. The gearbox is a bit shit though. Changing up gears you need to be forceful as if you don't push it firmly it will either do nothing or occasionally jump into neutral. Which is a pain when you are looking for 4th. Also the neutral light and the neutral gear indicator don't mean much. It can occasionally be in first gear and still tell you it's in neutral. Weird bike. Outside of that it's very fast for a learner bike. Feels really good and comfy. The seat is great. No issues with comfort from my experience. The tank fills in a couple of seconds at the pump which takes time to get used to. Fast. Lights are great. Very light balanced and bright noticeable bike. I feel it's great for a learner. It's not hard to manage and it's got good power to keep you interested even in the break in period.

Any questions?

2. Congrats on the bike :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. We were all l plates. 's once....

enjoy the bike......pity they only bring the vanilla model here, not the RC cup model with all the good bits on it.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. that's news to me too....
    enjoy the KTM James!