Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My testicle vs. Kylies breast

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Spiky, May 24, 2005.

1. Now that I've got your attention, read this:

Breast cancer is justifiably a very high-profile issue, and millions are spent world-wide to raise the awareness. However...............

As a result of an ad-campaign that was run in the UK a few years back, I became aware of the dangers of testicular cancer and regularly 'checked myself out', so to speak. 18 months ago I discovered a small lump in one ball, decided to get it checked out, and yes, it was cancerous. I susequently lost one ball and underwent a course of radiotherapy and eventually got a clean bill of health.

The worrying thing is:

1. There was absolutely no pain before I discovered the lump
    2. I have never seen any public awareness adverts in Aus
    3. It had started to spread, so if I hadn't discovered it when I did, I probably wouldn't be here now

Check them out chaps. In the shower, at least once a month, have a feel around. You probably won't find anything, but when you do, at least you'll realise straight away. It may be a small hard lump, often the size of a pea. Mine was just an 'unusual' feeling lump. Don't wait for pain - it doesn't always hurt. When you find something, don't piss around - get it checked out immediately. Afterwards, you'll be back at work within 2-3 weeks (although radiotherapy isn't much of a giggle) and will have full use of all your tackle. Everything works as it did before, and frankly I never really liked the left one anyway.

End of Public Announcement. Get back to biking, but check them out, OK?
  2. as a nurse , what a great post.
    it doesnt hurt to check the aggots on a regulary basis.

that being said ( on the lighterside) , i recon there are a few blokes here who check them selfs out and have a fiddle on too much of a regular basis by the replys to some of the posts in netrider :wink: . :LOL:
  3. Yep very true and good advice.
  4. look on the bright side, you now qualify to win 5(?) Tour de France

that guy is an animal! :)
  5. Read Lance Armstrongs book "It's Not About the Bike" not so long ago.

Eye opening.

Good post & glad everything turned out ok for you.

Expanding on nil_orally's suggestion. We could turn this into a 'social' occasion where ladies & gents check each other? Sort of a group thing.
  6. Spiky, glad to hear that you are alright.

Unfortunately it's a sad fact of life that men have a poor attitude (large sweeping generalisation) when it comes to checking on their health, compared with the fairer sex. Just look at the high profile breast and cervical cancer get compared with testicular and bowel cancer, the two biggest killers of men after heart disease.
  7. As far as I'm aware, prostate cancer kills as many men as breast cancer does women (and men), but doesn't get nearly the exposure....

Great post Spiky.
  8. I check my balls at least once a month for the reasons Spiky has posted and it's very good advice.
    The other times I just do it cos I can.
  9. Good thread and great comments.

OK fellas when you get home tonight go and cop a feel :shock: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I have always copped a feel :shock: but did not know I was self testing :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Cheers 8)
  10. Always a good idea to check the juice crew. Should be done at least monthly.
  11. Juice Crew WTF

Cheers 8)
  12. Yeah, check your nuts and all other connectors are securely tourqed to specification at least every other service.
  13. It's part of the title of a Scatterbrain (Remember "Don't call me dude"?)song - "Mr Johnson & the Juice Crew :wink:
  14. Finally someone who sees it the way i do!!!!!
    years i have seen women in the spotlight " i have cancer, don't treat me any different, just love me for who i am"
    Never , EVER seeing a guy that says it.
    more guys get cancer in that area than what the girls get it in their boobies. but you never hear about it.
    why? cause were are all steak eating aussies... thats why. we get on with it.

We don't tell the world that we have cancer, so that at the next music awards win every award there is. (Not Kylie, but, guess who..)

Sorry Girls, just my winge, Dont hate, just love me for who i am.