Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My test ride GRX250, Across, CBR250RR, FZR250

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Tomcatalex, May 21, 2008.

1. I was lucky enough to test ride a few 250cc bikes the last couple yesterday.

Anyway I found the CBR250rr to be much faster than the Across, even though they are both 45hp, the CBR250 also felt more solid and lighter, however it feels like your sitting on the road (similar to riding a monkey bike) The across seemed to have a very stiff handle bar, good for riding at speed but no good for going round the carpark

The GPX seemed light and went ok, but would make a learner feel over confident, its as easy to ride as a bicycle.
    The FZR250 felt ok in size, Im 6'2, but the quality wasnt there, would compare to a mitsubishi if it was a car.

the verdict, If your short get the Honda CBR250rr, quality feel and fast
    if your a scared learner get the Kawak Gpx250 and build that confidence
    If your tall and want a 250 with a storage bin get the Across
    If the FZR is cheaper than the others get it, its not too small, not slow and not bad looking

2. Interesting points...and it's probably a given that age/ks should be taken into consideration (since the CBRs are likely to be well over a decade old).

3. most of you guy's alway's mention the cbr250 , but not the zxr250, i have one and it has pleased me alot , no drama with it at all , consider it. great little bike .