Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My stack last night

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Jeimbo, Jul 24, 2007.

1. T boned a car last night on Nicholson St Coburg.

She turned right in front of me - vision obscured by a 4x4 who was turning right from my lane.

I hit her passenger door at about 60kph. No time to brake. I flew over her car and landed on the road.

Witnesses say I didn't have much chance as she didn't slow to see if anyone was coming in my lane (me)

First thing I did was check my arms and legs. Panic set in a bit as I'd landed pretty hard. Everything checked out and there where people everywhere.

My bike's cactus - whole front end stoved in. Only 4 months old and 4000km.

I got a bystander to call my wife who arrived on her scooter before the ambo carted me away. They cut all my gear off (they need to learn how to get helmets off though....) and gave me morphine. I was on the spinal board with neck brace as I had back pain.

Off to Northern Hospital where I had X rays which showed no bone damage. Home by 9pm.

Very sore - have ligament strains in inner thigh and groin. Muscle spasms in back and legs. Pain getting worse as expected but plenty of Panadeine Forte.

Got the insurance started today. Need police report to progress. Getting new for old if total loss as happened in first 12 months.

Police may charge P plater for failing to give way.

I'm just glad I didn't get too banged up - very lucky I sailed over the top instead of being crunched into a panel. Shame to see bike in a twisted mess though.

2. Ouch. Glad you're ok.
  3. bit of hard luck there jeimbo, good to hear you came out relatively unscaved
  4. Glad to hear you came out of it alright. Its a shame about the bike though. But thats what insurance is for.

The girl should get charged though. Thats silly if the police don't charge her. She failed to give way....
  5. :shock:
    That sucks, but at least you are mostly okay. The worst thing that can happen is if you impact with the car chassis. I seem to recall some bike cop telling me that they are taught to leap off the bike in that sort of situation. Not sure how to practice it though!

Hope you recover well.
  6. Glad to hear you're ok.

Police only ever want to charge drivers over crashes when someone is injured, so in your case I'd say she will be charged.

Should make your claim a lot easier, remember to claim for ALL your gear aswell.
  7. Glad to hear you came out of it unscathed.

I remember reading a tip on here, somebody's masseuse put them on to it. Go get a bag of Lectric Soda (in the laundry aisle at supermarkets), run a hot path and add plenty of this stuff. It helps draw out and reduce swelling and muscle pain.
  8. Glad to here your Ok mate!

Hate intersections near peak hour. Cagers are always willing to risk stupid turns!

I always find the below happens to me, so always watch out for it!!

9. good picture pro-pilot :cool:
  10. ouch! :shock:

Another SMIDSY :evil: :evil:
  11. Good to hear you are relativley ok. What sort of bike did her car kill?
  12. good to hear ya gonna be alright................no spinal/brain damage and all limbs in tact.

13. 2007 Suzuki Boulevard C50

4 months old 4000km
  14. That diagram should be a sticky, pro-pilot (or on the top of every motorcycle tank).
  15. And your bike was so nice and shiny too!.

Mate - don't worry about the bike, check out yourself!.

Many injuries are not apparent until 2-3 days later, as general soreness turns into localised soreness.

Were you wearing all the gear?
  16. Its good that your ok though.

At intersections like so when the car can turn right I would slow down to about 50kph. It would give me abit more time to react to a car cutting me off. Had a incident like this once as I was behind a bus. The bus is turning right (from my direction and I looked through the windows of the bus and saw moving cars in front so slowed down and I had a near miss in an exatly the same situation.
  17. Bad luck Jeimbo. Glad you're not to banged up. How about an upgrade to a 109?

18. Gday Peter

Jeans under Motodry Cordura pants, 3 shirts under polarfleece and Motodry Cordura jacket, gloves and boots and helmet.

The ambos hacked my jeans and pants to get them off.

Doctors commented favourably on my gear.

Getting sorer so 2-3 day rule def applying
  19. Ouch! That sucks, but I'm thrilled you're relatively ok given the circumstances. I hope you heal up and the insurance company is quick to buy you a new ride. :)
  20. All the best Jeimbo

For your recovery and sorting out the bike.