Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My soon to be dr650 'special'

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by cleaven, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Hi, first post here.

So, having decided to get into the exiting world of riding but not yet having ridden or obtained my license, in an impulsive and influenced moment I bid on this blue beauty:

Now having a closer look, I noticed that it is not a normal dr650, Any concerns on getting this roadworthied do you think?
    Any foreseeable problems down the way from such a modified bike?

2. Looks good, but yes I would say you will have quite a bit of trouble getting a roadworthy. Also with all the mods there is a good chance it will no longer be an approved LAMS bike.
  3. Its currrently registered but running out from the description so it should be ok to reregister (just factor in the cost). Agree with Mike though check if the mods remove its Lams classification.
  4. Yeah true, I think it makes it easier to re-register or something if it has had rego within the last 3 months. Is that right?
  5. just as long as it can pass the roadworthy.
  6. Should be fine to re rego it. it should also be still lams, it only has an exhaust, which could push you over the dB limits but i doubt it.