Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My second bike - 08 GSX1400

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Four40, Jan 22, 2011.

1. While my Bandit is off the road, still waiting for parts, no thanks to the cager who rear ended me and Suzuki for closing down for so long over Christmas, I found myself with no ride. Makes getting to shift bloody hard, due to the shiteful public transport

After a month of no riding, I started looking for a second bike. Wasn't after anything too flash or expensive. After a few more weeks of going around the yards and on the net, nothing really jumped out.

Last weekend, went out looking for second hand bikes and my brother points out a very tidy GSX1400. Now, I've always like the look of these bikes and the price was a very reasonable $8490. Test rode it on the Monday and picked it up today.

Required pics - http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa97/skb-kaz/The bike/GSX1400/
  2. Very nice naked bike and similar to mine in looks only bigger even the dash is identical.
    On pic 6 what is the metal bar going along underneath the swingarm towards the centre stand/heel plate?
  3. Strut to hold the rear brakes
  4. Knew it was brake related as it was originating from there but wasn't sure, thanks.
  5. I'm jealous. I love the GSX1400.
  6. Nothing says subtle like 1400cc of torque madness.
  7. I can't begin to put into words how much I miss my 14, they are such a beautiful bike and the performance of that motor is simply divine and it looks like you've picked up a sweet example. I notice that the stock trumpet has gone and to be replaced by an after market pipe - nice - but what I couldn't quite make out is whether there's a guard on the oil cooler or not. If there is, nothing to see move along and if there isn't get yourself one yesterday!

May the two of you travel many miles together.
  8. There is a guard, came with the bike. God damn the noises this bike makes are awesome. Only problem is I had to get off and go to work, damn it