Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My ride, your comments plz...

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by dalemation, Mar 14, 2007.

1. #1 dalemation, Mar 14, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Hey all,
    I have been putting together fotage from the my ride around the Grampians last month.
    Although it is not yet finnished, as I am waiting on the last two videos, I wanted to see what people think of it so far.

The best riding foottage is on the last two videos, so the second part will have a lot more riding bits... :cool:

Hi res Download (42 megs)

2. Great footage mate, awesome scenery and it looks like a great ride.
    Go the GS500 :grin:
  3. I find the footage boring, but the video is very well put together.

Well done. :cool:
  4. Thanks MG & Wedge :)

Boring? What would make it less boring?
    Wheelies? :cool:
    Not that your gonna see any :oops:
  5. maybe the snoozy song sets the mood to be "boring".
    i like a perfect circle... but yeah... nah... need something a bit more upbeat.

at the moment I'm noticing the editing too much... if that's what you were going for then good stuff. but the footage looks like it's taking a back seat to all your fancy dissolves and fades. K.I.S.S.

keep up the good work.
  6. Waz a'ight I reckon.

Felt like I was Ned Kelly though throughout most of it though.....

Looking thru that little slot...
  7. :LOL: Exactly that. I'm more into street stunting & action packed vids etc.

Dont get me wrong. Top job done matey. Your worst job is 10 times
    better than anything I could ever do. Its just not my scene, thats all. :wink:
  8. Yeah... The effects are a bit overkilled..
    As for the song, I was trying to get the "cruisie" feeling rather than the "fang." I thought it hit the mark.
    The over editing is defenitly a good point.

Thanks all :)
  9. +1
    Great clip, but the song is definately 'put me to sleep' music.
    Otherwise I thought it was triffic! :grin:
  10. dalemation

Hey man i loved this one.

This is exactly what i have been putting together myself lately and my plan is to do some footage in the Grampians also in the next couple of weeks and also a trip down the Great Ocean Road for another one.

I am about an hours ride from the Grampians and i have been wanting to get there to see it all after the fires and i was so surprised to see that there was actually water flowing in the falls.

Some shots of some kangaroo's up at Zumsteins or even a panoramic view from the top of the Pinnacle would be good but that takes some climbing :grin:

I have learned a lot from watching your video with the presentation of my own so thanks for posting and i look forward to seeing the finished copy.

What software package did you use for this :?:

11. Great Ocean Road, Grampians... are you following me?
    Lol evey one should do these trips!
    The Alps is my next target ;)

Lucky bugga!

It sounds like you know the area well. Next time I'm out that way we are going to have to catch up!!

I used Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0, VirtualDub and a few more for converting .Vobs :)

If you realy want good footage to learn from:
    Lines Just beautiful footage!
    seppes.com nice riding and music.
    drsardonicusHighly styilized. :)
  12. Well you have got me goin now as i am now planning to go up maybe Wednesday or Thursday if the weather holds up.

I was going to ride it last Month on my way home from the Charlton rally but it was raining when we got to Ararat so i gave it a miss.

Thanks for the links i'll check em now.