Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My ride - Before and After

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by dcsrhat, Mar 25, 2008.

1. So this month I finally got off my restrictions, It was a Saturday and I was straight down at the RTA on the Saturday morning to get my license upgraded and then immediately found my way to the nearest bike shop to test ride some of the bigger beasts. Being a supersports bike fan, the obvious choices were on my list.....I test rode the Yamaha R6, then the Honda CBR600RR and finally the Triumph Daytona 675. All were spectacular machines, but the Honda was the standout based on just pure comfort (for a sports bike anyway) and overall feel.

So I picked up my new girl on Thursday and have been using any excuse to get out on her! Have ordered the scorpio alarm system to help secure her, and will be getting some accessories to spruce her up a bit - tinted windshield, new pipes, etc.

The before: Here's is a pic of my first love, she broke me into road riding and provided me with invaluable experience. I'm in the process of selling her and it'll be sad to see her go but like everyone's first time she will be fondly remembered!!

aV28vQWi.

PqQTz59.

The after: And here's a pic of my new love, she's a bit of a wild one but with the experience I got from my first love I'll hopefully be able to tame her (at least a little bit).

aV28weSJ.

aV28wjS0.

Anyway, just thought I'd share my joy with all!!

2. Very nice indeed! And a logical follow-up. Be smart and build up your skills gradually enough to keep her pristine and yourself unbroken and you've got heaps of happy riding years in front of you.

3. good onya
    enjoy the new ride

4. Congrats on the new toy....and speaking from experience, let me tell you that you will not be dissapointed with her.

What sort of price are you looking to offload the old girl? I have a few mates interested in getting a learner legal bike......PM me the details.

5. 250 to 600 and still with Honda; the old Flying Boot has it all!!

6. Congrats on the new ride well done. :wink:

7. The 600RR is an awesome bike...I wish my 1000rr handled like they do!

Take the time to bond and become one with your bike, and you will be in for the ride of your life.

Enjoy! :)

8. :bannanabutt:

Am I the only one who had this come to mind? :LOL:

Congrats on the bike, red is faster too :wink:

9. awesome choice, i'm sure she'll bring you years of fun.

10. Good all rounder... Looks the trick!