Hi, im new here but thought id share my project with you just incase anyones interested. Earlier this year i moved from the UK to melbourne, managed to get myself a job and a little place in Elwood. All was going well so i decided to get a new bike, but having sold my gsxr back home to pay the bond and first months rent at our place. my old bike (at a very wet Donington Park) So.. onto the next one. I managed to pick this up, complete but in boxes and with the permission of my ever faithful better half, set about it in our spare bedroom. I then proceeded to strip down the bike in order to see what needed replacing and what could be re-used Now RGV's have an inherent weakness in their powervalves, as some of you will know... this can leave to catastophic engine luncheon. this is how my bike came to be in pieces... This is what a powervalve looks like..... This is what happens when the centre pin fails and it drops into the cylinder.