Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My New Suzuki GS500F

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by sivartydrup, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I've already chucked a bit of this up in my welcome thread, but thought I'd put it here for the masses!

I picked up this 2004 Suzuki GS500F a bit over a week ago. It's done about 63000k's, which is a fair bit, but it runs great! It came with a bag rack, a staintune exhuast and oxford heated grips. I've taken the rack off, as I'm only just getting my L's this coming weekend, and I don't plan on riding anywhere with a purpose other than to ride for a little while.

The heated grips are so toasty and warm, should come in handy down here in Tassie! The staintune exhuast has a really nice burby growl to it, but not so loud that it's going to annoy my neighbors!

It's my first road bike and being on the short/medium side of things (5"7') I found it actually a quite good height, I can flat foot both feet. It's a bit heavy to move around, but I'm not really the strongest of people.

Anyway, here are some pics.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. very nice, do you have any numbers (price, rego etc.?)

edit: I am more specifically looking at insurance for the fairings
  3. Hey chansthename, thanks for the reply (one so far :-( )I picked this one up for $2900 but the rego runs out on the 31st of December. Being in tassie, everything over a 125cc is the same rego, about $500 a year give or take (would be the same for a little 250cc or a zx14 here!).

I got a quote through swann insurance that I think I'll go with for $480 a year, but I'm 23 with no bad records and only just got my learners (today). You should jump on some of the insurance websites, most of them have online quotes that don't take very long to do and you have no obligation to take up (InsureMyRide, Swann, and others if you don't live in tassie!).

Hope that helps, any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

4. Hi Travis,

Congrats on your first road bike, you've made a great choice, and some sensible extras to boot! Even with those kays, i still think you got it for a good price. A group of us are heading down your way in January, perhaps you'll come along for part of a ride??

Enjoy your new wheels.
  5. Thanks Ned, the bike should do me quite well while restricted, maybe even longer!

I've been following the Tassie Tour thread, so I might try and atleast meet up with you guys, put some faces to usernames. I don't know if I want to slow you all down with tagging along for a bit though! I will be riding in Tassie and loving it either way, so all good!