Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new scooter

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by Amanda, May 8, 2006.

1. I've only posted on here once, but now I have my scooter I thought I'd let you all know what I eventually decided on.

Drumroll please.
    I am the proud owner of an Aprilia Sportcity 200cc. I collected it Saturday.

This was my original on paper favourite, but after I saw it up close I thought it looked a little big for me. But after I test rode it I couldn't resist!

So please be kind to the lady wearing the black & yellow jacket on the silver Sportcity with the L plates zipping around the Northern Beaches. I'm new to 2 wheels :grin:
  2. Hi Amanda, Congrats on the new Scooter and welcome to the forum. :)
  3. Welcome Amanda, those Sportcity scooters can sure get along :grin:
  4. nice bike. i rode one a few weeks ago. felt really great. i was close to buying one but decised to hold off and try out the PGO (Bolwell) G-Max 250 when it arrives in the country later in the year.

when you've had a good few weeks of breaking in and fun you should maybe write a review on the aussie scooter forum - http://www.aussiescooters.com/forum/
  5. hey congrats Amanda

i only just got rid of my SportCIty. They are a great scoot, but i decided to change to a bike. I still miss the scoot though. They are just so easy in the city.

Enjoy and stay safe.
  6. good choice Amanda. A great scoot!
  7. Thanks guys.

Alice, I gave some thought to the Honda Forza 250cc. A friend who's been getting around on 2 wheels for as long as I can remember recommended it to me. But when I checked it out I just wasn't confident in my ability to handle something that big at this stage.
    So far I'm really happy with the Aprilia! I now have 100km's+ up on it.