Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new project HONDA CBR R

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by badgem, May 11, 2007.

1. hey all, just picked up a Honda cbr r.
    It needs alot of work. Im going to try jazz it up with some RR gear.
    Its currently red and black with RR stickers.

Plans:
    All new bright Yellow paint, going to try fit RR wheels and retrim seat, and get it mechanically a1.

2. sweet project... im currently building a F2 600 and some spadas... I can help steer you in the right direction, and help with build in exchange for beers.

3. Good stuff

I've been re-building my 250 CBR-R for the past 4 months and its just about finished, just putting on some final touches.

If you want to go the whole works check out the Tyga Performance Kit - Its made for an RR but with some modification can be fitted to an R.

check this decked out CBR in the Tyga Kit - Stoner Replica

4. That Stoner rep looks great, what sorta power could you get out of a Baby blade, If you started getting into Race pipes, carbs Tuning Etc..

5. Do RR wheels fit an R?

do the cbr rr wheels fit onto an r?

6. they'll probably fit, but you wont be able to run twin discs as the R doesn't have anywhere to bolt an extra caliper on the forks.

The rear might also be a different diameter.

7. They're such highly strung engines in standard form that you'd be lucky if you could get an extra 5hp from them all done.

8. Rido.. they would have to be what 45 horses?

9. That's what many are rated at, maybe on a good day :wink:

10. On a good day 10 years ago.

11. Re: Do RR wheels fit an R?

Yes. you will need to get front forks, twin disks and calipers, maybe even a new lever/reservoir.
    If you want to get nicer wheels, the VTR ones should just bolt straight on. they are six-spokers, are lighter, and have the same size disc as the cbr r. youre cbr has the same wheels as a spada as well. The 300mm (i think) single disc is better than the twin RR setup, and requires less maintainance too, less pads/rotors to replace. VTR ones would look trick though!