Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new/old ride!

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by MeltingDOg, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Hi all!

This is my new ride! A 1971 Suzuki T500 Cafe Racer.

Has rebuilt engine with only 600 miles on the clock, new electrics and new paint.

Goes like a dream! But definitely a lot different to what Ive ridden before - being 2 cylinder 2 stroke. Lots of fun!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Very nice indeed. Has a nice clean look to it.
    Enjoy the ride...
  3. Congratulations! That'll feel like a beast compared to your GN, and it's cooler than any expensive fancy shmancy bike you'll pull up alongside. It looks fantastic.

I was looking to fit one of those front drum brakes to my SR500 once, and web research informed me of their propensity to develop hairline cracks and then disintegrate, which could be nasty. Mind you all that talk was by post-classic racers who put their brakes under far greater pressure than street riding demands and I strongly reckon yours will be as fine as any other old drum.
  4. So much chrome!
  5. Stunning,
    This is what I want to do when I'm off lams, though looking at a rz350 (wasnt aware of these..... Id love to use a bigger 2 stroke, but everything ive looked at is too much $$$ to butcher) and putting modern suspension and brakes on it.
    Sound like a great bike..... Just watch that power and around corners.
  6. Hi there, I just
    bought this bike from Team Moto Brisbane. Can I ask why you traded it or sold it?
  7. Hi there, I just
    bought this bike from Team Moto Brisbane. Can I ask why you traded it or sold it?
  8. Very nice, whats the 2stroke powerband like?
  9. Pretty sure my obese uncle and his even more obese girl racked up lots of K`s on one of these,Used to see it come up the farm often, 2 fat people on a poor little bike

Don`t ask me how they both fit on their , or how it handled

Still they Gotta be pretty good ,it can even take off with 3/4 of a tonne atop it
  10. Ahhhh...............two strokes. Great Fun will be had. I had a '74 RD250 Yam for a while. Good way to hone your riding skills, for sure!