Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new helmet

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by Flipper, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Courtesy of Caz's find, does anyone have a spare $600 they can give me? :LOL:
    Even tho it would be too big, I wanna buy this

2. Cool fish. :cool:

:p :rofl:

3. $600 for second hand helmet??? they gota be dreaming. but yeah it looks good for a chick

4. Custom airbrushed artwork = $600.
    Custom photoshopped vinyl adhesive printed by a Netrider = ~$30.

I know which one i'd go for. :wink:

5. That model helmet retails for $649. I nearly bought one til I found that an AGV that costs $120 less was a more comfortable fit.

When it gets down to it, it's still a helmet, and a used one at that. If it's for the artwork, then as a helmet it's useless, as you wouldn't want to actually use it.

6. Actually starting bid is $300 but still expensive for a 2nd hand helmet.

Tempted to email the dude & ask why after spending so much on a helmet then another $600 for the artwork why is he selling it. If the answer is need the $ then he talkin BS.

7. Surely you could get you current helmet custom painted for a whole lot less than that, and it would fit???

8. If they paid $600 for the airbrushing, they got robbed. 'Nuff said.

9. I'll airbrush your helmet with similar design for $50.

can't guarantee the helmet will still be AS approved tho.

10. I've airbrushed a few helmets before. I can tell you now that there is no way that is a $600 paint job! To airbush that would take very little time as pretty much all of it is stenciled. That's they kind of stuff they teach you when you're learning to airbrush.
    Don't waste your money.

11. It better be made of real dolphins.