Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new favourite sound is VTEC...

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by JustNothing, Dec 2, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Hey All,

Long time admirer, first time rider...

Decided it was time. Booked in for my pre learners course on a whim while my partner was renewing her license. One week later I turned up for my course at the Regatta center. 15 minutes later I left because I read my booking wrong and I was a month early.

Fast forward a month and I am back, on the right day and right month for two days of 3.5 hours of what I found to be a great course, even though it was 38 degrees each day.

A week later, back to RMS for a solid 45/45 on the learners DKT. I left there and went and bought some top gear from Yamaha at Blacktown. $100 off the helmet was a nice bonus.

Later that day, I was out checking out the bike that I ended up leaving a deposit on, and paying the rest and picking it up 3 days later.

So now, I am the proud owner of a 2012 CB400 in black and gold, with a few bells and whistles on it for good measure. Custom grips, custom pipe, custom levers, custom radiator cover. Not a scratch or ding on the thing. The beauty is in mint condition. 18000k's, serviced every 6k.

Laying here now with my partner trying to think of an excuse to get up and go for a ride. It's like an itch that there is only one way to scratch.

Best couple of weeks in a long time. Should have done it years ago, but happy I waited to have a more mature head on my shoulders - hopefully that helps keep it there.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome mate, enjoy the steed! Plenty of CB400's here - in fact my wife's is the same colour as yours!

Pics pls....

3. Nice choice, welcome, and enjoy.

4. Thanks guys. Will post pics when able to. Not sure I have enough cried on here for that feature haha

Should clarify by custom I am talking about aftermarket.

5. Congrats on the purchase, excellent choice in bike.

PS: you never need an excuse to ride, you just ride cos you can!

6. Hey mate nice choice of bike! I am biased though...

It sounds like you're close by, I'm just in Woodcroft so if you're ever keen for a fellow CB400 lover send me a PM and we'll link up!

Happy riding

7. welcome aboard :) congrats on the Ls and the bike :)