Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new exhaust system for the 675

Discussion in 'Modifications and Projects' at netrider.net.au started by [FLUX], Oct 7, 2007.

1. #1 [FLUX], Oct 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    It finally arrived after about a month of waiting, and hassling the Australian customs who wanted their pound of flesh. It's a Leo Vince full system for the Daytona 675, with a full-carbon end-can. I love the CF cans because of the deep mellow boom they produce, and I couldn't be happier with the way the new system sounds.

2wsQGI1MK3M[/media]]Video of the sound of the system

Some pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Niiiiiiiice.

How much % did customs sting you?

3. Niiiiiiiiiiice stuff mate! :grin: We'll have to compare bikes + exhausts some time (soon :twisted: ). I'll PM ya some dates about that soon, like either tonight or tomorrow. Been sooooooooo busy, haven't had time to think about it.. It's such a privilege having a 675 I reckon :)

*salutes* :grin:

4. Very nice set up FLUX! :cool:

5. I hate you :).

6. :shock: :shock: That is awesome looking!!! :grin:

7. Thanks guys.

What I'm also really pleased with is the amount of weight that the new setup drops from just under the pillion seat. Would've lost around 5kgs right there alone, and a further 2kgs across the rest of the system. That might not sound like much, but due to where that weight was located, the bike just feels so much lighter to push around. It definitely feels like the bike's weight is more centralised now.

8. Hi [FLUX]

Very nice indeed, looks the goods, May I ask where you picked it up from?

Also undii, I believe you have the jardine (best looking exhaust for 675 IMO) do they do a full system a la Leo Vince, or just a slip on?

Doing my homework ahead of future purchase :cool:

Cheers,

JAS

9. The Jardine is the end can plus the mid pipe. Only took a little time to install, quite easy considering I have my "bad right arm", I did it all on my lonesome, I reckon someone with both arms should do it quicker + easier ;)

10. looks tough!!

11. Gee thanks,

Here I was thinking about keeping the stock pipe for a while...... :roll:

I love the whine above the throaty goodness...

Not sure I wanna get spanked by customs though.

12. SWEEEEETTTTT.

love the sound of CF

very sexy

13. Oh, the system cost me around $1750 all up, of which $290 was various customs duties and GST.

I ordered it from www.hardracing.com in the USA.

14. cool site.... decent prices!!!

Drool Drool Drool

15. Looks sweet Stew.

Just out of interest what does the cable coming out of exhaust do?

16. That's the Lambda sensor.

17. have to admit that looks like one very damn sexy lookin setup :D

i was being cheap and went with the TI jardine slip on for my graphite 675 :p
    either way mate, looks like money well spent

im a tad jealous :furious:

18. produces flames when he twist the wrist.... also used to light up ciggies :LOL: :LOL:

narh i think its a o2 sensor....but i could be wrong.

*edit* i was wrong

but i still like the flame idea :grin: :LOL: :LOL:

19. Ok mate, put a clear tail light on your bike and I shall be consumed by envy! :LOL:

20. Maybe one day...

For now, enjoy the sound of some fly-by runs of the exhaust system in action:

675 Fly-by Video [13.1MB 1m02s]