Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My New Buell 1125R

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' at netrider.net.au started by Mr Christopher, Sep 6, 2009.

1. Last week I bought my new bike - a Buell 1125R. And I don't think I could've chosen a better machine. Being a bit of a V-Twin junkie I felt like this bike was made for me. It took me a while to look at one after spending weeks looking for a machine that ticked all the boxes, a friend suggested it and I was sold. I just got back from spending the weekend at Apollo Bay where I took the bike up and down the GOR as often as I could so we could get to know each other. Summary:

- Incredible power on tap. Low down torquey roll-ons is dangerous for my licence! I teamed up with an R1 today for part of my journey and stuck to him effortlessly.

- Nice to handle, coming of my M900 Monster this is a breathe of fresh air. Reminds me of my old RS125.

- Confidence inspiring. It handles so well it makes me feel like I'm a beter rider. Brakes are powerful - so powerful I learned to stay off the front on the GOR. The rear brake is very light but very effective for stabilising the bike around turns. I learned to rely on this to give mself more confidence and control on those 45kph curves.

- And yeah, 1st gear power wheelies? Not a problem ;)

Funny, I read a few people complaining that they don't like idling under 3000 revs - mine seems fine. Sure some clutch skill comes in handy, but if you've got that down I find I can split traffic and stop on a dime. You want a bike that doesn't like slow trafic you should try my old Monster!

And the "QuietZone"(TM) lives up to it's name. Lie on the tank on the Geelong highway and all you can hear is the engine. It also does a great job of keeping icy wind off my hands - another blessing considering my days on a naked machine.

So if you have specific requirements in mind like me then check it out. You may find that this suits you down to the ground.

2. Thanks for the review. I've been thinking of a Buell for my next bike. Another update after a month or so would be good.