Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My New BMW R65

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Mauser, Nov 15, 2008.

1. Hi Guys,

I bought a 1984 BMW R65 the other day and I find its a really nice bike to ride. Nice mid-sized bike, not exactly a speed machine, but powerful enuff to get me out of trouble.. I got it re-sprayed a nice metallic mid-blue. Will post some pics soon..

2. Congrats - had an R100R till June of this year, really nice bike to have some fun on

Enjoy and look forward to the pics
  3. You need to talk to TonyE; he knows all there is to know about this bike :).

Congrats, too.
  4. Well done. They are a lovely little thing. We have one (the Girlie rides it) and did a partial restoration of it over 12 months. It had been in storage for more than 10 years and needed the heads off and recut valves in one. They are very easy to work on, have heaps of character and will treat you very well if you want to hang on to it.

5. Congrats.

I owned one of those for about 4 years... took it to all sorts of places up and down the east coast (including to the GP when it was at Eastern Creek).

They are fun bikes :)
  6. Here's a pic guys. Hope its ok!!
  7. very nice, I haven't seen too many sky-blue ones, most were red.
  8. Most I have seen are black or orange. Blue looks purdy!
  9. Most of the R65LS were red but the non LS model was available in silver as well.

I can't remember seeing a sky blue one before to be honest.

Looks good though :)
  10. great looking bike!