Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new Blackbird

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by bionic man, Dec 23, 2012.

1. G'day all. Bought this 07 bird last week from a local bloke with only 4800km on the clock (y). Being a truckie he never had the time to ride it. What a find she's like new ;)
    She has Screaming demon cans with s/s Delkevic headers. (sounds sweet) Carbon fibre dash inlay, c/f rear hugger, dark bubble screen, ventura rack & bag + full tank cover + bag. Also rear fender eliminator & trick blinkers, trick levers & bar ends.
    Today i fit a sheepskin seat cover for my bionic back & new fork seals ( They were leaking, BLACKBIRD. a downside form sitting there for so long without use) bla bla bla here's some pics some pics cheers
    View attachment 14351 View attachment 14352

• Like Like x 1
  2. I can't believe you found a guy with only 4,800 Kms on the clock...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Good find mate. My old man has a bird and he loves it. It's the matte black with gold wheels though. I find it a real easy big bike to ride. Very very smooth.
  4. Well done, looks absolutely mint. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. What was the price?
  6. $9500 with 12 months rego
  7. for a speed missile that should run for 200k km's that's not a bad price
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Great looking bike mate, CBR's are an awesome bike!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Roger that, yeah not a bad price for the amount of kays. She sure does humm like new. Your right about the 200k i test rode one in Canberra with 119000km original motor & she ran sweet as.
  10. Cheers m8. She's my 3rd roadie & all have been CBR's lol. I'm just a honda nut. Would have bought a VFR 800 nice & light handled great 2up but i wasn't impressed with the motor.
  11. Brilliant piece of kit mate...... congrats, enjoy(y)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Cheers mate, awesome Xmas pressie. Surgens said i'd never ride again haha 12 months later i'm wrestling a B/B in the twisties :)
  13. Hence the name "bionic man?" I guess you and the bike share a little in common!Good on you getting back on again ;)
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Beautiful man I have always love the BB looks fantastic . That's what I call a happy new year
    • Like Like x 1
  15. nice buy mate, killer piece of gear. they ride and sound great. good to hear you're riding again. have fun and stay safe.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. The Super Chook doesnt even know the pillion is there, Except when your scorching, Takes a bit to pull it up, Two up,

The lambswool seat cover is a must for those long days,
    its a great machine, It does every thing and does it well,
    Make sure your hanging on tite over 7 Grand, Its pure missile, But an extremely well behaved one, Hahahahaha
    • Like Like x 1