Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

my new bike

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by luke_vfr800, Mar 16, 2008.

1. hi, i just found this site so i thought i would introduce myself. i have been riding for about 7 years on and off, switching between road bikes and dirt bikes.i currently have a 02 xr250r for the dirt and just picked up my 08 cbr600rr after having a few r6's. love the new bike, it feels so small.anyway i look forward to browsing the site.thanks

2. Welcome Aboard :biker:
    Nice bike too :)
  3. How does the R6 compare to the new 08 600RR?
  4. For nightgash:
    Depends on who is doing the comparison!! And for what purpose.

Apparently the CBR600RR 07/08 is a all round road bike (i hope so anyway as that's what I bought yesterday) whereas the R6 is moreso a trackbike! Also I've been told the 07 and 08 CBR600RR are mechanically similar, only real difference is some colouring on one of the panels. See this link which does a comparison between a 07 CBR600RR and a 08 R6 - the Honda once again comes out on top! http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=97442
  5. thanks for the welcome, i found that the cbr feels like a 250 compared to the 02 r6 i had.it feels so small and light.i have just fitted a yoshi carbon fiber slip on and found it made the low end a bit smoother and sounds hot when up around the 7/8000 rpm mark.will post a pic once i have made 5 posts :roll: