Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new bike

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by davidk, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Hi all,
    Last Saturday I said goodbye to the Inazuma and picked up my new bike (it was raining of course!) ...a Suzuki SFV650.
    I am not calling it a Gladius because its a stupid name, as is Inazuma and Hayabusa...what's going on in the bike naming department at Suzuki and what are they smoking? :wacky:
    Anyway, the Inazuma did its job admirably which was to see if I still enjoyed riding after many years absence (a big thumbs up (y)) but now it is time for something a little zippier...and after its first service it will be de-restricted so it'll be even zippier =D
    I know there's been some criticism of its looks but its all in the eye of the beholder and I think it looks great.... and it feels fantastic to ride. There are one or two things I want to do to personalise it a bit but there's plenty of time for that...I aim to keep for a couple of years at least.
    And at under $8k brand new on the road I cant complain about the price either :happy:

20161002_105222.

• Like Like x 26
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. Congratulations, DavidDavid! I like the look of the SFV650. That's a great photo of yours! And that is a great price, as you said. What modifications do you have planned for it?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Congrats :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Great job Dave you'll have a ball on it!!!!! :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I believe congratulations are in order! :D

Awesome bike...come around to one of the NR rides..it's been a while.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NIce one mate!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Congrats on the new bike!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Congratulations David! What a beauty :love:! Great choice (y) I don't like blue, but that Yamaha blue is stunning and is growing on me fast. Hope to see more photos of your adventures together :snaphappy:!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Looks good, would look even better with Renthal bars though

• Like Like x 1
  10. I think the integration of the styling between the sweeping line of the tank and the cowl under the seat, and the chrome shrouding on the exhaust makes it a very pretty bike, congratulations, and enjoy....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Not too sure at the moment...I'm not that keen on the look of the exhaust silencer and might change it one day...an perhaps add a small windscreen. I don't have to worry about fitting heated grips for a few months! :)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I agree LL...I should get down to Elwood again and say hi to everyone :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Congratulations on your new ride. The SV's love a twisty mountain road...enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I dont mind the name Gladius, although it does remind my of Gladys:).
    Suzuki have named their bikes after swords before.

Oh yeah, cool new bike - it should be a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sunday rides are close to home...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Some colours make the Gladius look odd but the blue on yours really suits it and under $8K for a new bike? Can't complain about that!

Enjoy the new ride :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Congrats on the new bike and enjoy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Glorious bike davidkdavidk, hope you have many happy km's ahead on her!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Enjoy the ride mate but you'll get addicted to the torque of the v-twin! Especially once you slip that wire out ;)

I bought mine as my first bike and I've still got it as a completely unrestricted rider. Learn to ride it and you'll have no trouble keeping up with much more powerful bikes up through the mountains.

Have fun and enjoy a completely underrated bike!

13055746_10208985755431949_3243065536744087807_o.

13055234_10208985814633429_7999328679778606920_o.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. That is a sweet looking machine, congrats on the new wheels.... enjoy... :)

• Like Like x 1