Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new bike!

Discussion in 'Showcase' at netrider.net.au started by Cronus, Nov 24, 2010.

1. So after a few long years i finally did it, bought me a newer bike
    I got a 2008 CBR600RR with 19,000kms and it is fantactic, very clean very tidy and was very happy with the price, ridig it is just outstanding I absolutly love it.
    and definately will be spending a lot of time idling around.

I bought wanting to do a lot more track work but having it makes me not want to F)$& it up, has anyone else had this problem?

heres some pics of bike sale and the last one i took

Attached Files:

2. Very nice, you must be chuffed

3. lots of people have that issue - buy a nice bike and aim to do some track, but then get too anxious about breaking it.

they generally just buy something big and older at a decent price and have the two bikes.

looks wicked :D congrats!

4. thanks guys, yeh i love it!

5. Well done Cronus, very nice looking beast...and in black ? Great Success !
    Happy, safe riding aboard the beastie (y)

6. What a gorgeous bike - congratulations Cronus - I'm jealous!

KN

7. That's a beautiful looking bike. It looks great in black. Enjoy!!

8. test rode one of these the other day. sounds pretty horn around 8krpm. mind if i ask you a ballpark figure you picked it up for?

9. Fabulous looking machine. Nice one.

10. Nice bike Cronus,

I to went through the same anxiety you did when I got my "new" bike this year. I was motivated to buy it by a couple of track days on my lil'ol 250 and was nervous as hell when I first hit the track with the new baby. But tell you what... I had a blast! The difference in feel, response & speed was AMAZING! I still smile to myself when I think about that day. So all in all, hit the track, take it slow & easy until you get into your groove, learn what you're capable of and start to explore how your new baby "talks" to you.

Then hit the track some more! I did/do....

11. Yeh parko thanks man, I deffinately will and I have rode a gixxer600 on the track and loved it, but its different when its yours i guess lol. I know where my weakness' lie but thats why im gonna hit the superbike school before anything else.

Chrissy, I paid 9grand for it which i thought was great just needa get rego so a little more after that, but with that price and seeing the others around and inspecting a few i didnt wanna sit on my hands plus the nice slip on helped seal the deal...lol

Thanks guys i really am in love with her, whats reccommended on security side?
    I called my favoured store and they use MOTORADAR and for $249 it has alarm immobilizer and GPS tracker i thought that was prettty good, you?