Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new bike thread *with pics*

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by RED ZX, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Hey all, just thought I would brag, cos it feels great to have a bike.

I went to the insurance write off auctions and bought a 1993 ZXR 750.

Plan is to 'fighter it, and enjoy basically.

so, time for a crappy phone pic:

without its plastics
  2. did you get a vehicle damage report?
  3. Nice one, good luck with the fighter build. Coconuts had a ZX7R fighter on here ages ago, it looked tough as nails.

Get nice high bars for it, those old 750s are back-breakers!

Oh, and naturally, make sure you consult the oracle:
  4. Cool!

Those kwakas never die.
    Should be a good project.
  5. how much did it set you back? im trying to stop myself getting another fighter project

edit: nevermind saw your post on asf. bargain
  6. Ive got a 93 750 as well, theyre great bikes, im sure youll enjoy it.
  7. I paid $1100 for it for anyone who is wondering.

I am already a member over at ASF, under the same name.

The bike is listed as a repairable write off, and I have a REVS check for it with a clear title.

I will just be using the stock bars to get it on the road, while i plan the next lot of mods including high bars, but the reach to the bars is not that bad for me, I am 6' 5"
  8. Bargain..
    Is the rear hugger PINK?? :shock:
    Good size bike, i personally think something has to be done with the rear plastics/seat area. Cause its big and not having any front/side fairings it'll look funny.

A nice custom single seat moulding or go to a wrecker and grab a nicer one off another bike.

Congrats on gettin a bike, exciting isn't it.
  9. Nice. Some new paint to cover up the 90s kwakaness and it'll be awesome.
  10. bike will be getting a quick coat of matte black before it hits the road, including the rear wheel and hugger, just gonna get it regoed with the seat unit thats on there, then I will look into another tail, or possibly make my own.
  11. nice one

gotta love the kwakas :)
  12. $1,100 for a bike, that's seems pretty good value. Streetfighters are cool
  13. Well done mate, nice buy. Looks like it'll be a great project.
  14. It started for the first time today!!!

it sounds nice, very loud, very very nice, ooh the scream of a jap i4.

Problem is a dead fuel pump, used a bottle to gravity feed the carbs, off to kawasaki on monday to order a new fuel pump.

Its so exciting!!

Just had to share my proud moment.
  15. I have one as a track bike for a older bike it really is a great stable ride enjoy :grin: