Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new bike - Another 2008 Suzuki GS500F

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by scotty134, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Took delivery of my first motorbike a 2008 Suzuki GS500F K8 about two weeks ago. I have only ridden it about 200 km in that time (I've been pretty busy and the roads have been wet when I'm not) so I haven't got much riding in yet. I plan to use it to commute to university and work on a regular basis to get through the traffic quicker by using the transit lane and parking much much closer to my destination.

I was considering a Hyosung GT650RL as well as the GS500F and in the end I just decided the GS500 would be a more cost effective motorbike. I'd like to thank everyone here who has answered my questions (and those of others asking the same thing) that assisted my decision making.

And now for the pictures! I've since purchased proper boots and armoured textile pants. I couldn't decide what I wanted when I bought the rest of it!

2. Congrats dooooood!
    I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun!
    :biker: :biker: :biker:
  3. Looks great!
    You'll love it.

Just thinking, how tall are you?

I must look like a complete klutz on mine 8-[
  4. 189 cm / 6"2'

I still don't understand why low seat heights are considered a good thing! The pedals are too high for me too but I'll get used to it I'm sure.
  5. i think i just said this , congrats, lookes nice, i had one exactly the same , imo i reakon its the best learner approved bike on the market, very good resale value , enjoy
  6. Ha, yeah. After a while you do get used to it, but it's still nice to stretch out every now and then.

I've often wondered about changing the rear sets or where the pegs are attached but I just don't think it's feasible.

I'm about 195cm.
  7. Congratulations. Seems to be a very popular bike and colour scheme. As for the pegs, is it possible to change the position? I know when I rode my brothers GS it was uncomfortable. Then again, I do ride KLE 500, which is great for us taller riders.

Again, welcome to the happy riding family :wink:
  8. nice one stringbean. almost got one myself a little bit back.
  9. Nice bike, enjoy!
  10. Nice bike, and congrats. :)

I'm sure there's a generic or purpose-made adjustable footpeg kit which will fit. :)

Alternately, consider raising the seat a little/having it resculpted?

You might be interested to know, Four40 - I couldn't sit on the BMW F650GS (2005 model) because of the faux-fueltank's leg cutouts cutting into my thighs, but the F650GS Dakar with its taller seat was perfect for someone lanky like me (6'4). The raised seat made the faux-fueltank shape suddenly "work" and all was good.
  11. which came first. the matching shoes or the matching gs500? :LOL: