Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new bike - 2008 Suzuki GS500F

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by falcon15500, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Hi all,

Time for my "new bike" thread. Last Wednesday I bought a new 2008 Suzuki GS500F. Here are some pics. Great bike - having a blast on it.

2. looks immac man.. nice one..

you a learner / provisional?

enjoy the bike.
  3. Noice!

They are a solid machine, look good, and very comfortable for beautiful girls to sit on while they clutch your leather jacket and steam up their visors with heavy breathing out of aphrodisial fear.

I also note you posted pictures.

This is good.

It stops me from fiercely berating you.
  4. Exactly the same as my brothers. I'll have to have another ride of it one day. You'll have a blast.
  5. Yeah, still on the L's... And when I say still, I mean I got them about a week before the bike. :p This time I actually plan on getting past them...
  6. I like how Suzuki is developing a 'family resemblance' style across all the GS* bikes.
  7. I'm green with envy. i'll probably be getting one in the next few weeks but haven't decided if i should buy new or second hand.

Either way thats the colour I'd opt for and everyone I speak to regardless of what they ride have only good things to say about it.
  8. Brought the missus a black 2008 GS500F to learn on.

Great engine (theyve been making the GS500 since jesus played fulback for jeruselum), not enough power to scare ya, but enough to keep it interesting for a couple of years.

Look after it, great resale too (unlike hot 250 2 strokes now).

Keep the shiny side up

9. congrats, lookes nice, i had one exactly the same , imo i reakon its the best learner approved bike on the market, very good resale value , enjoy
  10. Nice choice in bike ;) Looks great.

I see you have Comprehensive insurance for about $400. How old are you if you dont mind me asking, cause I'm a male under 25 (or whatever that cut off ) with no experience, so I got a quote much higher than that.
  11. I am 33 and the bike has finance on it - so the insurance is up a bit from what it could be. I do have a max no claim bonus though.