Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My new Aprilia Scooter :)

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by BELA, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Hi, I came onto the forums a few months ago thinking about getting a scooter, i have never been on one before but decided to finally get one, it arrived today while i was at work so tomorrow i will be attempting to learn how to ride it. Im about to go through all the new rider tips now...

Hopefully the pic of my scooter will show up next to this post.
  2. Welcome to the wonderful world of Aprilia! I have a 200cc Sportcity and just love, love, LOVE it. I have been riding for a year and done 14,000 kms on it. It was my husband's before, and has done 27,500kms altogether and still going strong. (he now has a 500cc Scarabeo). It's the only scooter I have ever ridden, but I have no desire to change to anything else, only to upgrade to a 250 cc Sportcity when I can afford it. The only downside to Aprilia is that parts take ages to get, so try to avoid dropping it or having a crash if you can :LOL: Good luck with your riding and ENJOY :grin:
  3. thanks :) i will certainly avoid requiring new parts :p