Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My "new" 2007 BMW F800ST

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by njacko, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Well after a long wait I've finally upgraded. I've moved to the UK and have been looking for a sports tourer to cruise around Europe on. I tested a Honda VFR800 and a Triumph Sprint ST also and all 3 bikes were great, but in the end the beemer was cheaper, and cheaper insurance (which is expensive here). It also felt lighter and easier to flick around than the others. Plus it came with an alarm and heated grips already. Left me some cash to splash out on a GPS, all sorts of luggage, mirror extenders, jett heated vest, scala rider q2, etc, etc. Just waiting on a new screen as the stock one really buffets my head at 110km/h. Some crappy pics are attached.

Really enjoying it so far. Doesn't sound very good compared to the Sprint or the VFR on VTEC but will probably help avoid attention. Need to practice my throttle control after coming off a VTR250 (for sale here: https://netrider.net.au/forums/showthread.php?t=107994) as i've had the rear spinning a few times in the wet when accelerating out of corners. Now I'm almost ready to run from this miserable Manchester weather to somewhere in southern europe. Anyone else done any EU touring?

Attached Files:

2. Nice Bike
    I have an ST.........enjoy the touring
  3. Nice. I agree about the sound, partially. I test rode one a few weeks ago and it sounds terrible down low but not too bad up top. So you know what to do...