Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My MOST self-indulgent thread

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by hornet, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Tomorrow morning at 9:00am in our local church I will be participating in the wedding of my sweet daughter Jennifer. She has been a constant delight to us as parents for the last 27 years, and it will be both a joy and an unspeakable loss to see her married, but not to have her as part of this household any more. I'm not sure how I'm going to cope; I cried when my son got married two years ago, and he only moved to the next suburb, which is all she's doing too. I know we will see lots of her and her new husband, but it's going to take some getting used to not to have to set three places at the table, and all that stuff.......

2. c'mon paul, stop being such a FATHER!

best of luck and i hope its a lovely day like today :grin:

lucky me, i have oooh 21 years before my daughter gets to that age :p
  3. awwwww how sweet.. hope it all goes well

my dad is like 57 and is about to marry a 29 year old... now thats a f'd up wedding
  4. Many years of happiness to Jennifer & your soon to be son inlaw ... clock is ticking, only 11 hours to go.

Dad's are allowed to cry on their daughters wedding day. Do it proudly.

The next self induldent thread you have, you will be announcing that you will be grandparents.

Warm wishes & thoughts for the day tomorrow.
    PS: Birds flying in the church & even if it rains, all are good luck signs.
  5. Paul I say congrats mate for raising a fine daughter from what I am guessing.

I have two that are off living their own lives with husband and partner. They always remember where home is, yes its where the food and drinks are when they get short.

take care mate end enjoy the day
  6. Have a lovely day tomorrow. Pack tissues.

Rosie V7
  7. congrats paul :grin:
  8. Ya big sook! :p :LOL:

Congratulations to the happy couple, and to you too Paul. I'm sure it'll be a marvellous day.

9. Congrats Paul, on making it 2 for 2 :)
  10. Nice one Hornet!

Tell the groom to give 'er one for me! :grin:
  11. Having just getting a new father in law last month ,Its was nice to see her father drop a tear or two .
    My father inlaw in the most hard buggar you ever meet ,he cryed like a baby......

when the seen the bar bill............ :LOL: :LOL:

Have a great day ,best wishes to them .

12. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Here's to the day being blessed with sunshine and no wind.

All the best Paul
  13. Major best wishes to you and yours, all the best to them for their future
  14. Best wishes to you and your daughter.

Have a fantastic day! :grin:
  15. All the best Mr and Mrs Hornet, for your daughter, your new son (in law) the day, and everybody.

It'll go well, I know it will.

16. Congratulations to you Paul. Hope you have a great day. Tears are good. No doubt you will feel the loss of not having your daughter living with you now. Sounds like you are all very close. It's so heartwarming to hear that there are 'normal' families out there.

I don't know many great fathers but you sound like one - so don't forget to give yourself a pat on the back.

Enjoy the festivities.

17. Gee Whizz....that came up fast!!! My best wishes to all and warmest congratulations to the newlyweds from your Melbourne family!!! :beer: :dance:
  18. All the best Paul and to the bride and Groom congrats.
    when they ask to give speeches SHUT UP!
  19. congrats on your daughter's wedding Paul!
  20. Well, we're back home after a truly lovely day, Jennifer was the beautiful bride and every thing that we had hoped for happened just right. Vic, it was sunny and still for the pre-church pictures, so you got your wish. It was very windy after the service, but plenty of sheltered spots at the reception place gave opportunity for who knows how many photographs. I'll post a few when they are all sorted.
    Thank you all for your good wishes, and to Eswen for her cheery SMS :grin:
    Smee, you'll be pleased to hear that I was given 20 minutes in which to preach in the service, and said all I wanted to say in 15. A new record :LOL: