Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Late Intro

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Guest, Apr 24, 2006.

1. 30 odd posts and I havent formally introduced myself yet :LOL:

Anyway, my name is Ruth. I'm in Melbournes northern suburbs & turned 29 early this year. Love thrill sports which is why I love racing.
    I'm near Broadford so I'm lucky having a track practically in my back yard. Have been riding for 5 1/2, nearly 6 years now and currently
    have an '06 R1 which I havent had for long & my old '04 R1 which I have for track work. My occupation is in martial arts which I have
    been doing for over 20 years now. Currently hold 2nd dan black belt in Tae Kwon Do & Karate; & a 1st dan in Aikido. Also enjoy skydiving
    (10 jumps under my belt so far) :grin: & shooting (which is alot cheaper) :LOL:

I think thats enough of an introduction, and it time I go to bed. :p
  2. Remind me not to piss you off.

3. welcome to the forum ruthy..
    maybe we can go riding one day
    and you can teach me some nice hold down techniques
    :wink: :grin: :LOL:
  4. That reminds me, i never did a formal intro either :? :LOL:

Welcome to netrider ruthy, you should come to one of the northern suburbs coffee nights it might give you a chance to meet some other netriders :).
  5. Welcome

You're not that far from me. I recently moved to Healesville, to get out of the suburbs and into some nice countryside and terrific roads. Rode through Kilmore a couple of times last summer, when exploring the area - nice little town.

I did a lot of karate in my twenties (long time ago now), in England. Shotokan style - if you know it. As my 2 sons were getting into sports, they weren't too keen on karate and we all ended up doing whitewater slalom kayaking, which consumed the next 15 years and didn't leave me any time for karate. I do miss it but think I am now too old.

As with anyone else on the forum, you are most welcome to drop in, if you are passing through Healesville - 115 Wallace Parade, not far from the little vineyard, near the bottom of the Black Spur.

Regards, Graham.
  6. Hi Kraven, yes I wouldnt mind coming down to one of those coffee nights :wink:

Hi Veeman, :LOL: @ posting your bedroom address :p I have ridden down your way before including through the spur numerous times
  7. All I want to know is, can you do the krane kick?

Wax on, wax off....

:wink: :LOL:
  8. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Yes I do wax off. More so in the summer months :p
  9. hmm u can come and comando dive roll me anytime u like ruthy :bannanabutt:
  10. You like pain huh \:D/
  11. Touché, or its that touchy :LOL: :p
  12. no pain no gain Ruthy :wink: nice pic too ... looking good in those yellow leathers :LOL:
  13. Hi :)

Welcome aboard :)
  14. Hi Veeman, :LOL: @ posting your bedroom address :p I have ridden down your way before including through the spur numerous times[/quote]

Feel I should respond to that, as my invite can obviously be misinterpreted (wash your minds).

As I said (in more detail) in my offer to the rest of the forum. As many people come out to Healesville on their rides, it could be useful to know where I am, if only for assistance if you have problems (especially on Sundays) - I have a large shed, with good facilities and used to be a mechanic. My wife and I would also be happy to see anyone who cares to just drop in for a coffee and maybe twist my arm to come for a ride.

Regards, Graham.
  15. Hi ruthy and welcome :)
    Might see you at broadford as I plan on doing a few track days (only 2 points left so its safer) take it easy and enjoy
  16. welcome!

well I joined this in Feb last year, and still have yet to introduce myself!

Truth be told, I forgot I even registered here ! I have frequented a couple of other forums ie ocau & ksrc-au, so I recognise a fair few names here! ! !