Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

My Intro

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Pompy, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Hi all, I joined up here a while ago, thought it was time to stick my head out and say hello and talk about myself a bit.

I'd never been into bikes, never had the cash when I was younger so only managed the occasional ride on friends dirt bike, ols SL's and YZ 80's up behind the local tip being chased by the police.....that was back in the 80's (well early 80's anyway).

A few years ago those same mates suggested I should get a dirt bike and hit the mountains with them, so I bought myself a WR250, all the gear and got myself licensed, that was the easy part. Seemed my mates that had continued riding since their teenage years, could ride, me on the other hand.....sure I could work the controls, but staying upright was a struggle:facepalm:.

So last year I thought I'd hit the roads instead, my plan was to buy a road trail and use it to explore with my camera, in the end I bought a 2013 V Strom 650. Put 8000kms on it in 6 months, non of which were on the dirt. I discovered I love getting out on the bike, my dirt bike mates also ride road bikes so we do the country pub runs etc. Anyway in the last couple of months I was thinking I wanted a bike with a bit more spark/character, not too sure of the words to use, but I am sure you all know what I mean. So on the Thursday before Easter I picked up my 2015 VFR800X and I have to say, "I LOVE IT" and hopefully it will keep my mid life crisis at bay for a while:greedy:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Welcome Pompy... nice looking bike you have there :)
  3. Welcome to the forum!
  4. Welcome Pompy, the road and dirt certainly are two worlds apart, so enjoy your new world
  5. Welcome Pompey, Another one for the V engine club :)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. welcome, distant relative..
  7. Welcome Pompy, enjoy the new ride mate, look damn nice
  8. Thanks for the welcome all !!!!!
  9. Welcome to NR...
  10. welcome aboard :]